Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London, specialising in Economics and Management, is recruiting an Undergraduate Programmes Director. Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London is the London campus of the prestigious French Université Paris-Dauphine - PSL and a UK Higher Education provider that offers programmes leading to the award of degrees from Université Paris-Dauphine - PSL. EQUIS accredited, Université Paris-Dauphine – PSL is a member of PSL (Paris Sciences et Lettres Research University), placed 36th in the Shanghai World Academic ranking 2020. Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London currently runs undergraduate and summer courses in Economics, Management, Law, Social sciences, Quantitative Disciplines, a start-up incubator, Executive Education programmes, and a variety of seminars and conferences. Since 2019, we have been engaged in the process of registering with the Office for Students, which includes compliance with the QAA framework.
We are looking for a passionate, bright, and bilingual academic wishing to provide strong academic leadership for all pedagogical matters concerning our undergraduate programmes.
The Undergraduate Programmes Director will ensure the delivery of the educational aims of the undergraduate programmes in three main areas: content of the undergraduate programmes; recruitment and leadership of the undergraduate academic teaching staff; students recruitment and guidance provision.
Reporting: he/she reports to the Managing Director and to the Chair of the Bachelor’s in Economics and Management Course Board, Licence Sciences des organisations (LSO) Director.
Cooperation: he/she works in close cooperation with the Bachelor’s in Economics and Management Course Board members, the LSO Law Track Course Board members, the Programmes Administration, Quality and Student Life teams and the LSO Department in Paris.
Management: he/she provides the Academic Leads and the Module Leaders of our undergraduate programmes (around 20 academic staff in total) with direction and guidance to ensure they guarantee the academic homogeneity between the Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London and the Université Paris Dauphine – PSL undergraduate programmes, in the terms defined by the Université Paris-Dauphine PSL and by the Course Boards, and they achieve the highest possible standards of excellence in all their teaching and learning activities, in line with Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London teaching standards.
Duties and main activities:
1) Deployment of content of the undergraduate programmes
- Have responsibility for undergraduate course & curriculum development and approval, in line with the Université Paris Dauphine - PSL standards and the Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London standards Course Boards standards.
- Chair the BEM and the LSO Law Track Examinations Boards. Ensure the examination process is in line with the Université Paris Dauphine – PSL and Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London standards.
- Cooperate with relevant staff members in the Université in Paris, to ensure standards alignment. Give direction and general co-ordination to the work of the academic staff contributing to the undergraduate programmes.
2) Recruitment and leadership of undergraduate teaching staff
- Ensure the appropriate selection and monitor the performance of the academic staff teaching in our undergraduate programmes, in line with the Université Paris Dauphine – PSL and the Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London standards.
- Give expert advice on matters relating to Lecturers performance, pedagogical direction and examinations and assessments.
- Ensure that academic staff performance is managed appropriately and in a way that is consistent with the expectations of Université Paris Dauphine – PSL and Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London.
- Hold regular meetings with academic staff teaching.
3) Undergraduate students recruitment, advice and guidance
- Review the BEM applications and chair the BEM Selection Committee.
- Validate the academic content of Université Paris Dauphine - PSL, London undergraduate programmes brochures and webpages.
- Contribute to the promotion of Université Paris Dauphine - PSL, London undergraduate programmes (forums, open days).
- Hold office hours for the Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London undergraduate students and provide them with individual pedagogical guidance and support, in coordination with the other permanent academic staff and the educational coaches when need be.
- Contribute to ensure the best possible student experience throughout their studies at Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London.
- Approve the undergraduate students internships agreements.
4) Academic Quality and Management
- Be an active member of Université Paris Dauphine - PSL, London Management team and contribute to the overall leadership and academic management of the London campus.
- Develop and contribute to the implementation of Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London – PSL Quality system, specifically regarding academic policies and procedures.
- Advise the Academic Board, the Course Boards and other relevant Boards and colleagues on matters in relation to the development, review and implementation of the curriculum, teaching and learning experience.
- Attend and contribute to the preparation of the Academic Board, in liaison with the Quality Manager and the other Academic Leads and Directors.
- Provide support and advice to the Managing Director in the planning of academic resources for Université Paris Dauphine - PSL, London, including participation in faculty recruitment and selection.
- Contribute to foster a culture of excellence, co-operation and respect both within and beyond Université Paris Dauphine – PSL, London.
- Seek and develop opportunities for development, collaboration and joint working with other UK Educational Institutions.
- The Undergraduate Studies Directors is expected to teach a minimum of 130 hours per year (0.3 FTE).
Required experience and qualifications
- PhD in one of the following areas: Economics, Management, Social Sciences, Law, Quantitative Disciplines.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English (C2).
- Very good spoken and written communication skills in French (C1 minimum).
- Experience in Academic Programmes Management in the UK. Good knowledge of the French University environment and legislation.
Desirable experience and qualifications
- Teaching experience in a UK Higher Education Provider.
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
- Experience of QAA processes and accreditation.
- Knowledge of Université Paris Dauphine - PSL organisation and processes.
Additional requirements, skills and aptitude
- Commitment to high-quality teaching and learning standards.
- Ability to work and achieve high standards.
- Very good planning, organisation, cooperation and time management skills.
- Adaptability skills. Competent user of ICT and commitment to develop online teaching expertise.
- Effective listening skills. Ability to use a range of teaching methods in the classroom and to promote a stimulating learning environment.
- Commitment to equality, diversity and safeguarding.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- The successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Location: London, N1 (homeworking possible, depending on circumstances).
Working time: this position is estimated to 0.8 FTE, including 0.5 FTE for the mission of undergraduate studies director and 0.3 FTE for teaching (min. 130 hours over an academic year). The working time may be increased, should the successful candidate wish to increase his/her teaching hours, and/or further opportunities of development arise.
- 40 days holidays + bank holidays per annum pro rata.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development.
- Opportunity to lead projects within a “boutique” higher education institution and make a direct impact on the development of this unique institution.
- Attractive pension plan.
Starting date: July 2021
To apply: please send a CV to email@example.com